Ridgecrest Baptist Church was organized on February 9, 1941 in the home of Dr. and Mrs. John Wesley Reames, 6903 Westlake Dr. there were forty-nine charter members at the first meeting. The new church voted to keep the charter open for three months, closing it at the end of the night service on Sunday, May 11, 1941. During this time thirty-two more came in making a total of eighty-one charter members.

For the first sixteen months of its life, Ridgecrest met in the Robert E. Lee School on Delmar Avenue. The highlights of the first year were two socials; in August of 1941 an all-church picnic was held in Tietze Park on Llano and Lindbergh Blvd. (now Skillman Ave). About sixty to seventy-five people were present to enjoy delicious food and to play games. In December 1941 the church had its first Christmas banquet in the Dallas Power and Light Company auditorium downtown. One remembrance is the pie pans that served as our offering plates.

Despite all the hardships, on June 14, 1942 we moved into our brand new sanctuary with its Sunday  School Facilities. Ridgecrest continued to grow. The decade of 1958-68 encompassed the most widespread development. The pews in the sanctuary were full; the choir loft seldom had a vacant seat. If you were late arriving to the worship service you might have to sit on the front row.

To take care of all the people once again the church found itself in another building program. We decided on another sanctuary with a baptistery and the addition of space for two adult departments and a basement under the auditorium for a kitchen and fellowship hall plus a recreational and Sunday School area for the youth or young people. The present sanctuary then, remodeled into an educational building wing with the first floor designed to meet the needs of the elementary division. On Sunday, February 12, 1961 the Twentieth Anniversary and dedication of the new church was celebrated with great joy and thanksgiving for all of God’s blessings.  As our Sanctuary finished in 1961 was in need of some renovation and remodeling the result is the remodeled sanctuary in which we worship today. We had rededication service on Sunday, December 11, 1977. In 1990 building a drive-through and space for several cars to park changed the main entrance. Over the double door entrance a covered port supported by four brick columns was erected making an easier and more attractive access into the church. A gazebo and many blooming plants and shrubs completed the work giving it a garden effect many months of the year.

Women’s Ministry was organized in 2008 a new sister church has been built in Mexico due to the devotion and sacrificial giving of Ridgecrest Saints. Clothes, shoes, personal items and cases of Bibles have been distributed. Lives in Mexico, Russia, Australia, Ireland and Morocco will be touched in the name of Jesus through her laymen and Dallas Theological Seminary students who have called Ridgecrest their church home.

On March 3rd, 2013 Pastor Greg Byrd was called to Pastor Ridgecrest by unanimous vote. Pastor Greg just off serving with the IMB as a Strategy Leader in Mexico City has brought new vision and Passion to Ridgecrest. A passion for Loving God, Loving People and Making Disciples.